Ecotrust Forest Management's (EFM's) advisory practice is focused on helping landowners access new markets and new financing sources to support and enhance forestland returns, and on assisting tribal, community, and other conservation-oriented landowners with the identification, analysis, negotiation, and finance of forestland acquisitions.
Metric Tons CO2e Per Acre By Species
We can help you bring your carbon project to market, from the initial evaluation to execution of the carbon contract, to guiding you through the verification process. EFM has deep expertise in the emerging forest carbon market, with successful projects in methodology development and project development. We have strong relationships with forest landowners, project developers, buyers and brokers, verifiers and certifiers.
Among other activities, EFM assisted Ecotrust in developing the first Improved Forest Management protocol under the Voluntary Carbon Standard. We also listed the first forestry project outside of California under the Climate Action Reserve on behalf of Ecotrust Forests, LLC. We have worked with numerous private and public landowners, including tribes, to understand, value, and monetize their forest carbon resources.
Our carbon advisory services include:
- Estimation of carbon under various forest management scenarios and protocols
- Timber/carbon optimization at forest and stand levels
- Development of carbon prospectuses and other sales and marketing materials
- Representation of sellers, including assisting with identifying potential buyers, analyzing competing offers, negotiating term sheets and contracts
- Project development, including drafting project documents, identifying verifiers and certifiers, completing listing and registration
- Assistance with ongoing monitoring and compliance
EFM assists clients with identifying, analyzing, and purchasing forestland. Our advisory services include:
- Identification of forestland with financial, ecological, and locational characteristics specified by our clients
- Growth and yield modeling
- Discounted cash flow analysis
- Comparable sales analysis to explore management options and determine bid price
- Negotiation and closing assistance
- Financing and structuring services